Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Online Video is Changing My World

I should probably be ashamed to admit it, but I am just starting to realize the power of online video. In the past, I only went to youtube went my buddies sent me an interesting link. I would never go there to randomly check out any videos.

However, over the past few weeks I have been amazed by how powerful app such as youtube have become. Anytime we have some young kids over and we are struggling to find something to entertain them, we boot up our machines and get on the tube and search for some educational and entertaining material. It is better than any toy in the marketplace. More and more institutions are putting their educational training online for the world to access. It is great to be able to access videos from Stanford for free that may cost thousands of dollars to attend in person. Maybe colleges should have tuition plans from now on: a) on campus attendance, b) online only access. The Republicans are following the Democrats with a live debate on Youtube tomorrow. One of the biggest reasons for the Writer's Strike is how the WGA should participate in revenue sharing for content distributed online. It is interesting because the further the Writer's Strike goes on the larger the opportunity for independent producers of interesting content that is available on the net.

By the way, you should check out these youtube flicks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6FahBBnfHAQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY

No comments: