Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yahoo's Cool MP3 Player

Yahoo released a new browser based mp3 player and I wanted to give it a whirl. Rather than creating a special site to host it I thought I would just use this blog. Below are a couple of songs and the player should pick up the song and let the user scroll through them. Let's see if it is as good as advertised.

Maroon 5: This Love
Kanye West: Hey Mama




So what are the use cases for this app. My guess is people probably send a lot of mp3's via yahoo mail so yahoo can put this widget in your mailbox and you get a playlist of all the songs you have sent or your friends have sent you. Then you may be given the option to share those songs with friends provided there are no legal issues.

By the way, if you are looking for an online media player with a great song library checkout seeqpod. I have noticed a lot of people using it and the tool is pretty impressive. I think it uses the special search capabilities of the major search engines and adds nice playlist functionality.

No comments: