Saturday, January 19, 2008

Qik is Probably Waiting for the 3G Version of the iPhone

On Twitter, I have seen a lot of links point to individual streaming video of themselves on Qik.com. I followed a few links and I think it is an interesting concept. If you are somewhere interesting rather than twittering about it and risking RSI you can just chill with your camera phone.

With all the reports about the iPhone dominating the mobile web usage market I bet Qik is anxiously waiting for the iPhone to support 3G and a video camera. It is a tremendous market opportunity. I use the camera on my iPhone to share things with people, and having video will be icing on the cake. Qik better ensure they can scale up when it does happen, since the blogosphere will be pissed if they have any downtime.

No comments: