Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What is Apple Going to Do Next Week

Apple released some major improvements to their Mac Pro and Server lines. I do not follow their server market too much, but judging by the covering on gizmodo, and others I think a lot of people do.

I think the image from Gizmodo depicts next week best:
The CES updates as of now have been pretty much a bore. I have heard about a TV that is going to support 2 - 3 times the resolution of current TV sets but it is estimated that no one will broadcast in that resolution for 4 - 5 years, you can see a bunch of souped up cars with LCD TV's in 30 inch grills. No matter how much money you have or how much you love gadgets, I would have to agree with anyone that says that is a waste of money. The most interesting announcement in my opinion is Comcast's announcement to support 100 Mbps in the future. That is going to kick ass especially when services such as Hulu start serving HD Content beyond basic trailers.

I hope Apple's announcement next week is going to make January exciting again. If the rumors about the ultraportable, multi-touch macbook are true it is going to be amazing. It is going to be even better if Apple puts them on their store an hour after the conference is over. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: